Leadership & Transformation Coach •
Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
• Recovering Neuroscientist
The Heartbeat — Samantha Crowe, PhD, ACC, CDTLF
Dr. Samantha (Sam) Crowe is a “neuro enthusiast” and humanness expert who believes in loving and laughing our way through the oddities of being human.
Sam is guided by her core values at home, work, and in her communities. For this reason, these values also guide Evalia Consulting LLC through every business decision and every point of contact with clients, partners, vendors, and folks online and on the street.
Value #1: Humanization
- Hug our human. Understand and work with it. Discern, don’t judge
- Stay in curiosity and empathy (always, but especially when triggered)
- Look for shared humanity. Keep looking. Don’t stop
- Shine light in the face of dehumanization, inequity, and weaponized fear and shame
Value #2: Honesty
- Be candid, transparent, and free of stealth intentions and expectations
- Co-create, don’t manipulate
- Live “clear is kind”
Value #3: Live BIG (from the work of Dr. Brené Brown)
- Extend a hypothesis of generosity to others’ actions and intentions – assume they’re doing the best they can
- Articulate and honor the boundaries needed to be in integrity while extending a hypothesis of generosity
- Hold people accountable to their word and shared expectations. Do not hold people accountable to hidden expectations or unmet needs I should be addressing myself
Some dread the questions that keep them up at night. We thought ours to be beautiful, so we made them the fuel for our vision — our why.
- We led ourselves and our people with more curiosity, connection, and courage?
- We became masterfully mindful, leading from a center of conscious awareness and choice?
- We re-humanized the lens through which we see ourselves and others?
- We became whole in our innate design by claiming our emotional intelligence and wisdom?
What would be possible?
Our answer? A bright future for our world. We see it. We feel it. Deep in our bones. And others do, too. An entire ecosystem of people and communities seeing possibility and sharing a vision.
So, we took stock of our 20+ years’ experience in neuroscience, leadership, strategy, and advising across sectors and industries. We looked at our zones of genius and what lights us up. And we found our home in this ecosystem of shared vision:
A world made better by bravely re-humanizing how we live and lead.
Our part in realizing this vision?
- Support those who seek to lead whole-hearted and courageous lives
- Cultivate authentic, brave leadership at home, in our communities, and in our places of contribution
- Foster understanding of our humanness — from the curiosities of our innate wiring to our social, emotional, and somatic intelligence — so we can embrace it and use it consciously…powerfully
Our clients are diverse. They live all over earth. They work across sectors and industries and range from rising talent to C-suite executives. They include entrepreneurs, creatives, and folks from Fortune 500 companies, the government, and the U.S. military.
Facebook engineer, mompreneur, sports pro, Special Forces leader, music producer…so different yet very much the same. They’re all humans who want:
- To be braver and more wholehearted in living and leading
- To quiet the gremlins in their head and lean into fear and vulnerability so they can shine brighter
- More connection with themselves, their purpose, and the world around them
- To be more than a label or role or book cover. To be a complex tapestry of paradox and color
Certified by the International Coach Federation (ICF) as an Associate Certified Coach with more than 300 hours of certified coaching and facilitator training and over 1,000 hours of 1:1 coaching.
- Dare to Lead™ — Empirically-based courage-building program based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown.
- The 4 Stages of Psychological Safety™ — Defining the Path to Inclusion and Innovation & The 4 Stages Team Survey — Training and assessment program to build brave spaces for inclusion, learning, contribution, and innovation developed by Timothy R. Clark at LeaderFactor
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i2.0 and EQ 360) — Empirically-based assessment and training program developed by Multi-Health Systems
- Diversity and Belonging Culture Sessions — Certified through Veritas Culture as a diversity and belonging facilitator to facilitate culture sessions focused on understanding diversity, belonging, equity, inclusion, and justice culture climate and root issues
- Conscious Business Coach — Certificate in Conscious Business, a coaching program created in partnership between BetterUp and Fred Kofman, Author of “Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values.”
Continuous feedback for growth and coaching mastery — Ongoing engagement in peer learning partnerships with fellow certified coaches and sustained mentorship from a certified master mentor coach
Community Commitment — Partners and volunteers with organizations committed to changing lives through empowerment, advocacy, and the promotion of social justice and equality. This includes the Women for Change Coaching Community and participating in programs that donate coaching hours for COVID-19 first responders and front-line workers.
Our Founder and Lead Coach and Facilitator
Dr. Sam Crowe is a leadership and transformation coach who believes in the power of brave, humanized living and leading. She’s an expert in emotions and resilience, holding a doctorate degree in neuroscience and 10+ years of research experience at Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, and the National Institutes of Health.
Sam has served as a strategist and leader of a multi-million-dollar military health portfolio at the global consulting firm, Booz Allen Hamilton. Sam also served as chief of staff and senior advisor at the biopharmaceutical industry trade association, PhRMA.
Sam now coaches across sectors and industries, including non-profits, Fortune 500 companies, and the U.S. military. She uses a whole-person approach that starts with “lead thy whole self.” Her superpower is creating brave spaces with empathic presence, levity, and full appreciation of what makes humans, human.
Sam is certified by the International Coach Federation as an Associate Certified Coach. She is a Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator, trained directly by Dr. Brené Brown, and a Certified Diversity and Belonging Culture Facilitator. Sam is also trained in trauma-informed and somatic coaching and certified in Emotional Intelligence (EQ-i 2.0, EQ 360), Conscious Business, and the 4 Stages of Psychological Safety™.