Leadership & Transformation Coach •
Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
• Recovering Neuroscientist
The Heartbeat — Samantha Crowe, PhD, ACC, CDTLF
Dr. Samantha (Sam) Crowe is a “neuro enthusiast” and humanness expert who believes in loving and laughing our way through the oddities of being human.
Sam founded Evalia Consulting LLC with the vision of a world made better by bravely re-humanizing how we live and lead. And so this is where she puts her heart and soul.
Sam is guided by her core values at home, work, and in her communities. For this reason, these values also guide Evalia Consulting LLC through every business decision and every point of contact with clients, partners, vendors, and folks online and on the street.
Value #1: Humanization
- Hug our human. Understand and work with it. Discern, don’t judge
- Stay in curiosity and empathy (always, but especially when triggered)
- Look for shared humanity. Keep looking. Don’t stop
- Slay shame and fear. Do the work; don’t work it out on someone else
- Shine light in the face of dehumanization, inequity, and weaponized fear and shame
Value #2: Honesty
- Be candid, transparent, and free of stealth intentions and expectations
- Co-create, don’t manipulate
- Talk to others rather than about them
- Live “clear is kind”
Value #3: Live BIG (from the work of Dr. Brené Brown)
- Extend a hypothesis of generosity to others’ actions and intentions – assume they’re doing the best they can
- Articulate and honor the boundaries needed to be in integrity while extending a hypothesis of generosity
- Hold people accountable to their word and shared expectations. Do not hold people accountable to hidden expectations or unmet needs I should be addressing myself
A world made better by bravely re-humanizing how we live and lead.
Our part in realizing this vision?
- Support those who seek to lead whole-hearted and courageous lives
- Cultivate authentic, brave leadership at home, in our communities, and in our places of contribution
- Foster understanding of our humanness — from the curiosities of our innate wiring to our social, emotional, and somatic intelligence — so we can embrace it and use it consciously…powerfully
We integrate 20+ years’ experience in neuroscience, positive psychology, leadership, strategy, compassion, and comedic nerdiness to provide —
- 1:1 Coaching – Executive ● Leadership ● Life Transformation
- Team and Group Coaching – Courageous Leadership (Dare to Lead(TM)) ● Hard Conversations ● Trust ● Psychological Safety ● Boundaries ● Emotional Intelligence
- Speaking and Writing – Humanness Expert and Neuro-Fact Contributor for Articles, Podcasts, Media Pieces, Retreats
Our clients are diverse. They live all over earth. They work across sectors and industries and range from rising talent to C-suite executives. They include entrepreneurs, creatives, and folks from Fortune 500 companies, the government, and the U.S. military.
Facebook engineer, mompreneur, sports pro, Special Forces leader, music producer…so different yet very much the same. They’re all humans who want:
- To be braver and more wholehearted in living and leading
- To quiet the gremlins in their head and lean into fear and vulnerability so they can shine brighter
- More connection with themselves, their purpose, and the world around them
- To be more than a label or role or book cover. To be a complex tapestry of paradox and color
Samantha has explored the world as a neuroscientist, strategic advisor, leader of tribes, and coach. (LinkedIn) She understands how great minds and ideas get stuck. And, she has shaped a career around getting them “unstuck,” earning a reputation as a —
- “Go to” thought partner and strategist
- Roadmap designer
- Idea activator
- People and team cultivator
A life-long learner, Samantha continuously builds her coaching value. Samantha —
- Is a Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator, an empirically based courage-building program based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown.
- Is certified in Emotional Intelligence and the EQ-i 2.0 and EQ 360 assessments.
- Earned her certificate in Conscious Business, a coaching program created in partnership between BetterUp and Fred Kofman, Author of “Conscious Business: How to Build Value Through Values.”
- Cultivates peer learning partnerships with other coaches, and has ongoing mentorship through a certified master mentor coach.
- Partners and volunteers with organizations committed to changing lives through empowerment, advocacy, and the promotion of social justice and equality. This includes the Women for Change Coaching Community.
- Is an active global member of the ICF.
Dr. Samantha Crowe is a leadership and life transformation coach and Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator who advocates for courageous, human-centered leadership at work, home, and in our communities. She’s an expert in emotions, decision making, and resilience, holding a doctorate degree in neuroscience from Georgetown University and 10+ years of research experience at Johns Hopkins, Georgetown, and the National Institutes of Health.
Samantha left academic research to serve as a strategy advisor at the global consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton, building a multimillion-dollar portfolio focused on brain and behavioral health. Here she also advised military health leaders and grew effective teams in a matrixed, dispersed environment. Samantha then assumed an internal consulting and coaching role at one of Washington, DC’s most influential industry trade associations, serving as a chief of staff and senior advisor to executive leaders.
Samantha now coaches clients across sectors and industries, including Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, and the U.S. military. She uses a whole-person approach that integrates social, psychological, and behavioral sciences. This approach recognizes that no clear lines exist between personal and professional transformation. It emphasizes the role of our innate humanness in our lives and the importance of aligning who we are to how we show up to cultivate physical, psychological, and spiritual wellness.
Samantha is certified by the International Coach Federation as an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and was trained directly by Dr. Brené Brown to facilitate the Dare to Lead™ program.