“Visitor” or “You” is any person who visits or accesses the Site.
“Content” is any information, written material, resource, product, service, photo, graphic, illustration, video, or audio file —
- Contained on the Site, Site pages, or Site posts; or
- Provided to you electronically (e.g., via email, direct download, or a hyperlink) after you send us an email or use the Site’s “interactive features” to complete a form, subscription sign-up, survey, or registration.
“Interactive Features” are features on the Site —
- You use to send us information, questions, or feedback; or
- You use to interact with us or other Visitors; or
- Other Visitors use to interact with you; or
- We use to interact with you or other Visitors.
Some examples of interactive features include, but are not limited to, comment fields, surveys, group pages, email services, and forms.
“Personal Information” means any information about a Visitor.
“Device Information” is personal information about your device that we automatically collect when you visit the Site. Examples include, but are not limited to, information about —
- Your Web browser, Internet Protocol (IP), address, time zone; or
- Individual Site Web pages, posts, or products you view; or
- Search terms that referred you to the Site; or
- Some of the cookies installed on your device.
Some, but not all, of this information has the potential to be “Personally Identifiable Information.”
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information that can be used to identify a Visitor, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information. Examples include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, or other demographic information.
The content contained on the Site is for general information and use only and cannot substitute for the services of trained professionals, including, but not limited to, mental health, financial, medical, psychological, or legal fields. We do not provide medical, legal, tax, or financial advice, nor do we offer psychological- or mental-health therapy, counseling, or professional services.
All content on the Site is published in good faith. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, or accuracy of the content. Content on the Site is only updated periodically and may not contain the most recent information available. Under no circumstances, will we or our affiliates, suppliers, contractors, contributors, or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on content obtained from the Site.
From the Site, you can follow hyperlinks to visit websites that we do not own. We have no control over the content and nature of these websites, and links to these websites do not imply a recommendation for the content found on them. Please be aware: other websites may have different privacy policies and terms, which are beyond our control.
Some content on the site is provided by Visitors. Examples include, but are not limited to, blog post comments, guest blog posts, and discussion threads. Please be aware of the following:
- We are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or hyperlinks embedded in content provided by Visitors.
- Opinions expressed by Visitors or other third parties do not reflect our opinions or the opinions of our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- All Visitors are asked to comply with our “Community Guidelines.”
Licensing and Use
This Site and the content on the Site are our property or the property of our affiliates or licensors, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. The Site is provided solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not use the Site or its content for commercial purposes without our explicit authorization. Unless explicitly authorized by us or the content owners, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, translate, sell, create derivative works, exploit, or distribute in any manner or medium (including by email or other electronic means) any content from the Site. Bottom line: Please contact us if you want to use content on the Site for non-personal or commercial use.
You may establish a hypertext link to the Site so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the Site.
We have guidelines to honor our values and foster an online community of mutual support, respect, trust, integrity, and compassion. By accessing or using the Site, you agree to comply with our community guidelines. Please be aware that you alone are responsible for your actions and the content you provide, post, or send. We encourage you to refer to the following community guidelines when you access or use the Site:
- You will interact with other Visitors in a manner that reflects compassion, respect, and integrity. You will be willing to acknowledge your truth and reality may be different than others’ truths and realities.
- You will not disclose any personal or sensitive information about another person, including that person’s email address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not “stalk,” threaten, or harass another person.
- You will not inhibit any other user from using the Site.
- You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Site. You will not use the Site for any unlawful purpose or to encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- You will not upload, post, email, transmit, or make available any content that —
- Infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- Is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy; promotes violence or contains hate speech. Hate speech is speech that attacks, dehumanizes, or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, national origin, political affiliation, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation/gender identity, or other intrinsic or extrinsic trait or affiliation.
- You will not use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
- You will not gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
- You will not spam or use the Site to engage in any commercial activities.
- You will not access or use the Site to collect any market research for a competing business.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when using the Site or its interactive features.
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Site through any means.
- You will not access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Site through hacking, theft, password or data mining, or any other illicit means.
- You will notify us if you become aware of inappropriate content or content that violates our Community Guidelines.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or accounts you use to access the Site or its content. You are also responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information.
- You will notify us if you become aware of inappropriate content or content that violates our Community Guidelines.
We reserve the right to deny you access to the Site or the Site’s features without notice and to remove content that does not adhere to our Community Guidelines.
This Site is not directed to Visitors under the age of thirteen.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from Visitors under the age of thirteen through the Site or knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personal information through the Site.
If you are 13-years old or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian.
Your privacy is important. We have no tolerance for privacy shenanigans, and we follow fundamental principles to honor your privacy:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it to serve you or operate our business.
- We don’t sell, barter, or rent your personal information. Ever.
- We only share personal information as necessary to comply with the law, operate our business, develop our content and services, or protect our rights.
Please visit our “Terms” for definitions of the following words and phrases: Visitor/you/your, We/us/our, the Site, content, interactive features, personal information, device information, and personally identifiable information.
Personal Information: Device Information
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your Web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. In addition, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual Web pages or products you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Some device information is potentially Personally Identifiable Information, such as IP addresses for logged in users and users leaving comments on our blog. We only disclose logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that we use and disclose Personally Identifiable Information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Personal Information: Personally Identifiable Information
Certain Visitors choose to provide us with personally identifiable information. For example, you may choose to provide personally identifiable information when submitting blog comments; subscribing to newsletters, blogs, or programs; scheduling appointments; requesting resources or tools; or notifying us you want to be contacted. The amount and type of information that we collect depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with Evalia Consulting. We do not disclose Personally Identifiable Information other than as described below.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
We use personal information to improve, operate, and maintain essential functions our business. We also use personal information to help us understand your needs and preferences and inform content development to improve the value we provide. For example, we may use your information to —
- Improve our products and services; or
- Occasionally send you an email to tell you about new resources, programs, or services; solicit your feedback; or keep you up to date with what’s going on with Evalia Consulting; or
- Personalize your experience; or
- Improve our website or customer service; or
- Process sales transactions; or
- Administer a contest, promotion, registration, group sign-up, or survey.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We disclose potentially Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information only to our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that —
- Need to know that information to process it on our behalf or to provide services available at the Site; and
- Have agreed to keep your information confidential and not disclose it to others.
Some of our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Site, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information.
We offer the use of a secure server. Information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
***We will NEVER rent, barter, or sell personal information. Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, we disclose potentially Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information only in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Evalia Consulting, third parties, or the public at large.***
Restricting Use or Collection of Your Personal Information
You can opt out of receiving emails from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that use of certain interactive features or access to certain content or services may require you to provide Personally Identifiable Information. If you do not wish to provide this information, you can choose to not access the relevant content or services.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
When you place an order through the Site, request access to content, or subscribe to a list or group, we will maintain your personal information for our records unless you ask us to delete this information.
P.O. Box 10521, Rockville, MD, 20849, United States